Thursday, February 3, 2011

Where to Start?

WOW!!  I don't even know where to start.....I am so far behind and so many changes in our little life in the last couple of months.  We have been really busy.
The week before Thanksgiving I heard of a job that I thought might be good for us to be able to pay off some debt, save some money and eventually get into a home of our own in a couple of years, so I put in my resume.  I prayed and I prayed that whatever was best for our family would happen and Zach prayed and prayed and the Tuesday before Thanksgiving I interviewed for the position.  There were 15 applicants, some a lot more qualified than me.  I really didn't know what I WANTED to happen, so I spent some more time praying that Heavenly Father's will would be done.  I was really scared!!  I LOVE staying at home with my kids and being with them every minute of the day-they are my WHOLE life!!  I have always thought that I would sacrifice anything to be able to do that but sometimes that isn't enough. If I have to work this job was going to be GREAT!  The Monday after Thanksgiving I got the job offer, they wanted me to start on Wednesday, the day before Skylar was to get her tonsils out.  I told them that I needed to have a few days off to be with her and they agreed that would be fine.  I got off the phone and I was sooo EXCITED and I was soo SCARED.  Not only was I going to be WORKING but we had to MOVE!!  I am the On Site property Manager of the Townhome community, Sunset Ridge Village.  The nice thing is (I think) my office is hooked to my home. 
December 1 Start a job
December 2 Skylar has surgery
December 5 start working everyday
December17 the kids are out for Christmas Vacation
and I have not purchased 1 Christmas present yet
December 18 go to SLC for family pictures (they turned out cute, maybe I should post some)
December 24 Christmas Eve
December 25 CHRISTMAS!!  ALL I can think about is everything we have to do so I move some of the girls stuff to our new home.  We had to be completely out of our 4 bedroom home and moved into a 3 bedroom home by December 31.  Oh yea and now I work and Zach works full time and all 4 of our children are out of school and wanting to help.  Everyday it was just crazy!  We went to DI with truckloads of stuff.  We gave away couches, love seats, entertainment centers, clothes, toys, TVs, washer and dryer, junk and more junk.
December 30 I get off work at 1:00 and think I will go and clean my old house for awhile while my mom has the kids and I get to my old house and the door bell rings and here comes 4 ANGELS from my ward. We all cleaned non-stop for 4 hours!!  I would of never been able to do it all myself!!  They helped me finish packing everything and got my house all done.

January 1, 2011: It is a new year and we live in a new home, I have a new job and we have a lot of new goals, We have a new ward that is very different from our old ward and things are so far so good and we hope that it continues that way.  The kids have adjusted  to the smaller home.  My mom (SO THANKFUL TO HER) tends Ridge most days and the other kids are in school while I work 9-1. We are starting to feel at home in our new home.Things have slowed down a little.

3 comments:

Josh and Alison said...

WHAT???? We really need to go out on a date! I have no idea what's going on in your life, and the same goes for you! just call me! 592-0674! just do it!

Rachele said...

WOW!!! Change is all around in the family. you and your family are in our prayers. love you. love your faith. you are an inspiration...Zach is so lucky. Loves!

Stacey said...

love you sam! love your blog!! you are amazing! so happy your blogging again! can't believe all that change!! miss you!! love you!