This morning at 7:00, we woke Skylar up to take her to the hospital to have her tonsils removed. She has been so nervous about it but I think she just wanted to get it over with, she has had strep throat 3 times in the past 4 months. She got to the hospital and changed into the hospital gown, she sat in the bed like such a brave little girl. It reminded us so much of when she broke her femur. After about an hour she said, Hello everybody in the hospital I am ready to get my tonsils out, let's get this over with. She is such a cutie with so much personality. They took her in and 25 long minutes later, Dr. Pearson came in and told us that she had done well. They took her tonsils, her adenoids, and her front tooth that was loose. They also cut her gum where it was connected to her lip too tight. I think it was a little more than what we were expecting but I guess they figured do it while she is asleep.
She is doing so well. She has not slept at all since we have been home and she wants to eat ice cream and Popsicles all day so I guess that is a good sign. That was what she was looking forward to most was Ice Cream from breakfast. On the way home from the hospital she said Now I get my Ice Cream for Breakfast and I told her it was almost lunch time and she said let's start with breakfast and then we will have Ice Cream for lunch. We are so lucky to have her bright smile in our life!! We love you Skylar and hope for a quick recovery!!
HOMETOWN VIBES
10 months ago











2 comments:
Wow! Poor Skylar! Glad to hear that everything went so well and that she is doing okay. It is so scary to watch our kids go through surgeries!! Hopefully this will be her last one for a LONG time!!
you have such great kids! way to go mama! glad this is over, and onto christmas cheer!
Post a Comment