Saturday, August 21, 2010

Back to school (already)

School started for the girls on Aug 19th. Saydee was so excited, she has been counting down the days all summer long. She loves school!! She is in Mrs. Bess' 2nd grade class this year and is excited to learn all she can and work on her reading. The night before school she was just talking and talking and talking about everything she was going to do and finally we said Saydee settle down and she said I Am just so Excited. She loves life and wants to do everything so possibly can. We love you Saydee and we are so Proud of you!!

Skylar on the other hand is ready to drop out of school, she gets so nervous for change. She is in Mrs. Armstrong's first grade class and she thinks she is really nice but after the first day said she is quitting school because it is too long. She has no time to go shopping or watch TV, it is dinner time when she gets home. When I asked her what her 5 favorite things for the day were she said She loves sitting in a desk, she likes eating lunch at school, she liked the books that Mrs. Armstrong reads to them, and they got an otter pop at recess. The second day I asked her what her 5 favorite things were and she said she had 20 favorite things!! I am so glad that she is getting more comfortable. I just love my girls!! They are so different in so many ways but they are both such a joy in my life and I love being their mom!! Skylar sitting at her desk doing her bell work

Saydee doing her bell work

The girls wanted to ride the bus so we followed in the van.


The girls sitting on the curb waiting for the bus



Skylar wanted to take her teacher an apple.




Saydee looking all grown up ready for 2nd grade.






5 comments:

Camille said...

What darling girls!!!! Saydee's long hair makes me want to cry!!! We love you and miss you all soooooo much!!!

Amanda said...

Sam...your kids are adorable.

Brittney and Scott said...

I can't believe school has started either. They look so excited! Cute pictures!

Rachele said...

you have such cute ikids! AND they have really great hair. love how yo do it.

Melanie said...

Congratulations!! Isn't it great to have two at home again? I'm loving it. Saydee and Skylar both look ready for a fantastic year. They are just growing up so fast!!