Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I LOVE MY LIFE!!!

Do you ever just have a day that you just think to yourself "It doesn't get any better than this?" I have totally been loving being a mom lately. Yes it is a ton of work but my kids just crack my up.
Today I went to pick Skylar up from preschool and her teacher told me she had tried to call me. She said Skylar was sitting at the rug and she had noticed that Skylar kept playing with her nose. The teacher called her up and asked her what was wrong. Skylar said she was trying to smell a rock when they were outside and it just shot up her nose. She was completely calm and the teacher got the school nurse to help her get it out. When the teacher was telling me about this Skylar walked up and asked "Don't you want to know what it smelt like mom?" I said yes, she said it smells like daisies.


Since we have been home she has named the rock (because of course they saved it) and made a home for it. The name she picked was Daisy, how fitting!!

Ryder made me laugh once again last night when I asked him to pick up his blocks and put them in the plastic bin. I look over and he is sitting in the bin with the lid on his head saying won't fit mom. He is such a funny kid!!






Yesterday Ryder made me laugh. He was yelling help mom help and so I went downstairs to see what he needed. He was in the hall with pink sunglasses, his dolphin hat and his stick horse and could not get through because Skylar had put her tent up in the middle of the hallway. He just looked so funny.

It is so fun to be a mom and I love almost every minute of it. I just cannot imagine what life would be like without the joy of my kids. They are worth every mess, every fit, every sleepless night and anything else that comes my way!!!

9 comments:

Danette~ said...

Priceless!!!
Kids sure do make life worth living. What a fun post, Sam. The rock story is the best one I've heard, I'm still laughing! Looks like she found a new treasure!Can't believe she stayed so calm...most kids, I think, would be freaking out. And your little boy is so funny, too!!

Rick and Tarah said...

Skylar is just so cute. I love her attitude about life. Ryder is just a little hunk!!! I am sad that saydee is no longer in my primary class she was always a joy!!

Brooke @ www.allthingsthrifty.com said...

What a cute post! Thanks for sharing a few funny stories! Being a Mom is definitely full of crazy stuff that keeps us all laughing!

Lib-Dawg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lib-Dawg said...

That story about the rock was so funny! your kids are SO DANG cute! You and Zach did well!

Dallas said...

Hey, I just found your blog and thought I would say hi! Your kids are so dang adorable! It is so fun having Ryder in nursery. He is very cute and has a fun personality on top of it. I agree with you that being a mom is the best! Especially when you have such cute kids! Life is Great!

Katherine and Family said...

Hey SAM!! Love your post! I love being home now, too!! Kids are so dang funny! I love it!! Keep posting the silly things they do----It makes me smile. :)

The Cowley Family said...

Your kidaloos are so darn cute!... I always love to hear whats happening at your house! Thanks for all you do for us! You are truly such great friends!

Camille said...

that's my ryder!i loved the baby shower!