Well it was one year ago yesterday that my little Skylar broke her leg. Let me tell you it seems like it was forever ago, but at the time I thought it would never end. Every year in January she does something to make life interesting. 3 years ago she had RSV. 2 years ago she had Pneumonia and then last year she spiral fractured her femur. How you ask? Oh just running around a corner and she twisted it. We didn't see it but that is what she says happened. We pray everyday that this January we will break the trend and just have a normal month.

Ok so this picture is Easter last year but I can not find the CD that has the pictures of the first days of this nightmare. She was flat on her back and had to be turned every 4 hours for the first month or 6 weeks. Her cast went up past her belly button, all the way to her toes on her broken leg and to her knee on the good leg. This was Skylar at my mom and Kents annual easter egg hunt. She got her cast off the day after Easter. She was a pretty good sport!!











6 comments:
sounds like it's about time to break the cycle!?!
I remember running into you at Wal-mart and you telling me about that...last time I have seen ya. I'm always in hopes that I will run into you when I'm there but haven't yet. Anyhow - that is so crazy about her leg - glad she was a good sport, and hope that your January stays safe!
Sounds like you have had some pretty crazy January's. Looks like quite the cast. I bet that thing weighed more than she did!? Here's hoping you have a normal...nothing out of the ordinary month, too!!!
Every family has to have one of these...
She is a doll!
Hi, Sam! I hope you don't mind me peeking in on your blog. I found it from the Ulrich's page. Your kids are all so cute! I always think that every time I see them, especially your little guy, so I wanted to let you know!
I can't believe it has been a year since she broke her leg!! It really seems like it was just yesterday!!
Post a Comment