Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Eve (out of order)


On Christmas Eve we got to go over to Zach's Grandma and Grandpa Hiskeys for the evening. It was so fun to be with them and Zach's parents and Aunt Bertha and Uncle Craig. There was more food there than I had ever seen in my life and everything had Cream Cheese in it. We were told that we were in charge of the program, so I thought I would just do the same program I had done with my family. One problem was that there were only my 3 kids so Zach had an idea.... Skylar could be Mary and Ryder could be Joseph and He would be a donkey!! Saydee was a beautiful angel. It turned out pretty cute. Ryder was totally into it. He lead the donkey around the room as we sang and read the story of the birth of Christ. Saydee and Skylar sang Picture a Christmas at the end and it was so neat to see the kids get into it and understand the meaning of Christmas.
Joseph leading the donkey with Mary.

Saydee and Skylar singing Picture a Christmas

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun little program...watch out. Someone will find out your talents and you will be the next Primary President. :-)

BTW....cute hair Sam!

Danette~ said...

Yay, for Skylar, she finally got to be "the" Mary!!! She looks delighted riding the donkey...great way to improvise!
Your family is so cute.

Rachele said...

I love Zach being the donkey. Ryder is a great Joseph and sweet Skylar on the donkey. THat is so great! I wish we could have been there! Loves to you!

Camille said...

I love the picture of Ryder pulling the donkey! I heard it was very sweet and spiritual! We love and miss you guys!!