Sunday, October 26, 2008

My First Deer Hunt

Me and my #1 guide !!!


Well I drew out for a deer tag this year and I got to go out 2 times. Opening day Zach and his dad took my out to Pinto. I think I saw 1 buck but I only saw him long enough to think he might of been a buck so I of course didn't get a shot.
Zach arranged for a baby sitter and packed a little picnic for the final day of the hunt. He took my up to Bumblebee. We rode the 4 wheeler for awhile and I said it is too bad that one just won't walk out in front of us and 2 seconds later a doe and 2 fawns did. It was kind of funny. We got up the road a little ways and then we decided to hike up a little hill. We hiked 50 yards and Zach said there's a deer. ITS A BUCK!!! Right on the hill across from us was a 3 point. I was so pumped. I looked at it and it was just standing there so I took a shot and shot it right in the butt. It started running and I shot 3 more times and missed it every time. But we watched it and it layed down right next to the road. I was in shock. I said that was easy, let's go get it. Zach told me we needed to stay still for a little while, and let it die. Then I got a little sad. I said maybe I wasn't a hunter, I felt bad. We made our way back to the 4 wheeler and we were going to roll the 4 wheeler down to it when we heard someone coming. I was scared that they would see it and shoot it so Zach said shoot it again. I tried and I totally missed it but it scared and ran and I could not ever find it. Talk about a bummer!! We looked until it was too dark to see. There was a big pool of blood where it had layed down but no sign of it. I was so bummed. Zach even got up early the next morning to see if he could find it but no luck. I guess better luck next year or whenever I draw out again. I better practice shooting!!!